My mom is the ultimate cook/baker! Everything I know and make I’ve learned from my family. I call my mom all the time and ask her how to properly cook something so, it’s a given that half of the recipes on here come from my mom!
My mom made this meatloaf and I LOVED it. We always put ketchup on top (as you can see in the picture) but I wouldn’t do that if you are following the Plant Paradox Program. It’s amazing without it though!;) It’s great to pair with cauliflower mash, parsnip mash or sweet potato! I didn’t get super great pictures because we dug right in! This serves 6 people.
Here it is!
* 1 large carrot
* 1 small onion
* Extra virgin olive oil (for sautéing)
* 1 Tbsp of Worcestershire sauce or balsamic vinegar
* Generous amount of salt, pepper and Italian seasoning
* 2 lbs of 100% grass-fed beef
* 1 Tbsp of dried Italian seasoning
* 2 tsp of salt
* 1/2 tsp of dried ground mustard
*1/4 tsp ground pepper
* 1 clove minced garlic or 1/8 tsp garlic powder
* 2 pastured eggs
* 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
* 1/2 cup A2 milk, beef broth, veggie broth OR water
* 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Finely dice up the carrot and onion. Sauté them in olive oil to soften. Add a generous amount of salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. When the the carrots and onions soften, add 1 Tbsp of Worcestershire sauce or balsamic vinegar to deglaze. Let cool.
In a large bowl, add almond flour, milk or broth and eggs (whisk eggs up prior to adding). Mix up. Add seasonings, parmesan, the cooked carrots and onions, and add the beef. Mix well. Form into a loaf shape in a bread pan. Cook on 350 degrees for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the meat reached 160 degrees. Let stand for 15 minutes.